Wednesday 24 October 2012

My Great Grandpappy, A WW2 Warrior

My Great Grandpappy, A WW2 Warrior
Well this is a story about my Great Grandpappy. His name is Harry Wilson, wait scrach that, Sgt. Harry Wilson. He was born in England and sadly passed away when he was only 92 in 2010, a couple of weeks after my family came back from going on holiday to see them all.
Sgt. Harry Wilson was only 18 when he signed up for the army. He was later accepted and sent to learn how to be a Tank Commander. He was also a Weapons Instructor so he got to teach young people that would be able to save others lives. Later he was given the title Sgt. of the Yorkshire Regiment which means he was in charge of all the young men how had just joined the army.
I am very very very very very proud of my Great Grandpappy, he was very brave to join and help fight for his country.

1 comment:

  1. I'm very proud of you Olivia, you remind me of Great Grandad Harry everyday because you are always willing to give everything a go.
    Love Dad
    xx

    ReplyDelete