Thursday 3 May 2012

Me As A Turtle

I See Sunlight...I Taste Fresh Sea Air On My Lips....I Feel Sand On My Tiny Flippers. I Look Around And See Empty Shells And Scurring Baby Turtles Crawling On The Hot Sand To The Auqa Sea. Screaming Seagulls Are Diving Down By The Sea To See If They Can Get A Helpless Turtle Rolled On His Back. I Start To Crawl Slowly But Staying Carefully Away From The Bombing Seagulls. I'm Nearly There Just About A Meter...SQARKED I Slowly Turn My Head To See What Every Baby Turtle Feared...A Seagull!!! It Slowly Wadded Over To Me, Luckly It Was Only A Little Seagull But Still Dangerous. I Keep Crawling When I'm In The Water I'm Safe. One Fin Touches The Water And I Start To Slide In. Something Grabs My Legs And Pulls Me Up Into The Air! I Don't Have To Look Around To Know What It Is. I Wriggle Around So The Bird Might Lose Its Grip...It Does It Lets Go! I Fall About 6 Foot And Belly Flop Right Into The Water. But I Am Safe And I Swim Over To My Brothers And Sisters. Six Years Later I Wade Onto The Same Beach But Many Years Older, I'm Here To Lay My Own Baby's. After That I Crawl Back Into The Water. It Was Going To Be A Long Year.

2 comments:

  1. WOW!! That is a REALLY good piece of writing. You should feel REALLY proud. LOL :)

    ReplyDelete